Social Services Resources
The City of The Colony strives to provide its residents with all the programs and services it can. Certain kinds of assistance, however, are best sought by contacting area non-profit agencies such as those listed here. These links are provided only as a resource and as a courtesy.
- Children's Advocacy Center for Denton County: 1854 Cain Drive, Lewisville, TX 75077; 972-317-2818. The CACDC's mission is to: "Empower child abuse victims, their families and our community through education, healing and justice."
- Christian Community Action: 200 S. Mill St., Lewisville, TX 75057; 972-221-1224. "For more than 40 years, Christian Community Action (CCA) has been healing, feeding, and educating families in need throughout Collin, Dallas, Denton, Tarrant and Wise counties."
- Denton County Friends of the Family: Denton Outreach Office, 4845 S I-35 E, Ste. 200, Corinth, TX 76210; 940-387-5131. "Friends of the Family is dedicated to providing compassionate, comprehensive services to those impacted by rape, sexual abuse, and domestic violence, while partnering with our community to promote safety, healing, and prevention."
- Metro Relief: 5201 South Colony Blvd., No. 545, The Colony, TX 75056; 214-705-3555. "Metro Relief is a non-profit organization that serves the poor and homeless communities in and around Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas."
- Next Steps-The Colony: 5204 South Colony Blvd., Ste. 200, The Colony, TX 75056; 972-445-7770. "Next Steps is a non-profit that provides free coaching and resources to prevent life’s obstacles from becoming a crisis and to help those already in crisis to recover." Its mission is "empowering people with practical solutions to overcoming obstacles on their path to recovery."
- NTX Community Food Pantry: 5201 South Colony Blvd., Ste. 650, The Colony, TX 75056; 469-514-9065. "The mission of NTX Community Food Pantry is dedication to building community relationships by sharing resources, hope, and faith in a welcoming environment with grace, love, and dignity."
- Special Program for Aging Needs (SPAN)/Meals on Wheels: 1800 Malone St., Denton, Texas 76201; 940-382-2224. "Since 1974, Span Inc. has enabled people in Denton County to live as fully and independently as possible by providing transportation, nutrition, and social services to older adults, individuals with disabilities, veterans and the general public." More information about SPAN services is available via The Colony Community Center.