The Adopt-A-Book program makes it easy for you to honor someone while helping build the Library's collection. Whether it is in memoriam or a tribute to a birthday, anniversary, or other special day, your donation enables us to add books that enrich lives to our collection. Adopt a book in honor of someone special.
Stop by the Library to see our display of adoptable books.
Fill out an adoption form at the Reference Desk or send an email to the Reference Desk giving us the following information:
- Name of the person adopting
- Title of the adopted book
- If a memorial adoption, name of the person(s) for the "In memory" book plate
- If an "in honor" adoption, name of the person(s) for the "In honor of" book plate
- Address for us to send the acknowledgement to (or we can provide the acknowledgement card to the adopting person)
- Mail or bring in your payment of $17 for children's books or $27 for adult books. We can accept cash, check, credit/debit card or money order.
The selected book will be rush-processed into the collection, with a personalized book plate affixed.
The Friends of The Colony Public Library provided the seed money for this program, allowing the establishment of the original selection of Adopt-A-Books. The Friends continue to administer the funds for this program, as well as for the many other dedicated donation programs that help support the Library.
For further information about the Friends of The Colony Public Library and about other ways you might help support the Library, please contact Library Director Megan Charters at 972-624-3184.