- Parks & Recreation
- Swim Lessons
Private Swim Lessons
Want total one-on-one attention from a terrific instructor who directs all of his focus on your specific goal? This is the fastest way to start your exploration of swimming basics, improve swim skills or even train for a sport.
Please check out "Aquatic Programs" in our online registration system to select from dozens of potential classes. Online Registration
- $230 for 8 classes (30 min/ea.)
- Slight increase for Non-Residents
Swim Instructors and Coaches
Want to hear more about our terrific teachers? Check out Aquatics Directory
Shark Fins Swim Clinic
The Shark Fins program is an inclusive group for confident beginner swimmers to advanced competitors. This practice team takes the time to improve each swimmer's existing stroke and endurance through instruction and drills. Practices are layered so that there's plenty of opportunity for swimmers to improve their strokes and new techniques.
There's no long term commitment! Sign-ups are offered in monthly blocks, giving families the flexibility they need to accommodate the changing schedules of academics, extra-curricular and additional sports practices.
Designed to "feel" like a swim team, this program trains in the standard language and style of a competitive group. BUT, there are no specialized uniforms and no long distance travels to massive meets. Train hard with a coach who knows how to make a workout fun!
- Dates and Prices: are listed on www.playtc.com
- Ages: Five through high school
- Prerequisites: MUST be comfortable and confident swimming 25 yards without assistance on both front & back.
- This is NOT a learn to swim program. Children who stop and grab the lane line or wall may be able to swim... but not quite ready for this program. Private Lessons offer newer swimmers endurance and confidence in preparation for this level of coaching.
Summer Semiprivate Learn-to-Swim Classes
We teach 3-4 children per class in our summer swim lessons. It is an ambitious schedule with almost 200 classes. We can boast one of the best instructional staffs in the state, with many experienced teachers.
Online Registration has begun for SUMMER!
Please visit www.playtc.com for class times and descriptions.
- $110 residents (must have proof that you live in the City of The Colony)
- $130 non-residents
For more information regarding our Learn-to-Swim program please contact Wanda at (972)624-3964.
Skill Description Guide
Are you a Detail Person? Would you like to know exactly what we hope to accomplish during our terrific American Red Cross Learn-To-Swim Classes? Check out the break down of each level, with goals, and safety topics in this Detailed Skill Description guide (PDF).