H2O Go! is designed to “feel” like a swim team without the pressure of a long term commitment, special uniforms or meets.
It’s just fun sessions working hard on competitive strokes with great coaches! This is an economical program that offers lots of distance swimming. Workouts focus on the starts, turns, finishes, freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly that swim teams require. Because this program is designed to improve your child’s strokes, new participants must be confident in the deep water.
- You can sign up to attend once or twice a week.
- You can register for just one session, or choose to attend throughout the entire year.
Coach Jo Curry and her coaching team will be taking this program to a new level, working on stroke details and trying to shave seconds off swim times. They will focus on the fundamentals, but also bring fun to the swim lane.
- 50 yards of comfortable “side” breathing freestyle
- 50 yards skilled backstroke without stopping
Tryouts for first time H2O Go! can be scheduled by contacting The Colony Penguins by email.
Class Times / Days
Late afternoon/evening class. Swimmers are placed in 30 to 45 minute group times by Coach Jo, based on skill and lane availability. It’s important to meet the registration deadline so the coach can get these time slots balanced!
- Spring 1: January - February (Sunday and/or Tuesday)
- Spring 2: March - April (Sunday and/or Tuesday)
- May Mini-Mester (Sunday and/or Tuesday)
- Summer: June & July (Sunday Evenings)
- Fall 1: Late August - Mid October (Sunday and Monday or Thursday)
- Fall 2: Late October - Mid December (Sunday and Monday or Thursday)
- Ho Ho H2O Go! - Varied schedule
For complete list of dates, prices and registration, please go to The Colony online registration website.
If your swimmer intends to compete in a summer TAAF League, please read Texas Amateur Athletic Federation rules.