Pawsome Playground Dog Park
The Pawsome Playground Dog Park is open to the public from 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (summer hours are 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. from Memorial Day to Labor Day) every day except Thursdays. The park opens at 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Pawsome Playground Dog Park is for the four-footed furry friends we love so much, to run, play and socialize. Let common sense, respect and friendliness prevail. Please take pride in this very special place by keeping it clean and following the rules.
- Park hours: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. No entry allowed before or after posted times.
- Park may close without notice due to weather, maintenance or other conditions.
- By entering the park, users assume all risks related to use of the park, and waive liability to the City for any injury or damage caused to or by their dogs while at the park.
- Park is for dog play, not child play. Adults are strongly urged not to bring children under 10 years of age to the park, and assume all risks when doing so.
- Children 15 and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Owners are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dog.
- Securely latch all gates and keep dogs on leash while entering/exiting double gated entry area.
- Dogs must be off-leash after entering into the off-leash area.
- Dogs must display current rabies vaccination and owner ID tags on collar/harness.
- Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be immediately removed by the owner.
- Dogs must be under visual and voice control of owner at all times and never left unattended.
- Limit of two (2) dogs per adult.
- Dogs under 35 lbs. only in small dog area. Small dogs may enter large dog area at owner's risk, but it is not recommended.
- Owners must immediately clean-up and dispose of waste left by their dog in stations provided.
- Owners must immediately stop their dog from digging and fill any holes caused by their dog.
- Please be considerate of our neighbors nearby, and remove your dog if it constantly barks.
- No human or dog food allowed, including rawhides, bones, etc.
- No glass containers, smoking/tobacco, or alcohol allowed.
- No spike, pinch, or prong collars.
- No female dogs in heat, or puppies under 4 months of age.
- No grooming or professional training classes allowed inside the park, unless approved by Parks & Recreation.
- No bicycles, scooters, skateboards or strollers.
- No sick dogs or dogs with open wounds allowed.
Emergency and Maintenance Information
- For police non-emergencies or to report a dog bite, please call The Colony Police Department non-emergency number at 972-625-1887.
- For serious medical or other emergencies, dial 911.
- For general information regarding the park or to report maintenance issues, contact The Colony Parks and Recreation Department at 972-625-1106.