Some current roadwork projects include work underway at Paige Road and SH121, as well as South Colony Boulevard, west of Main. All work is weather-permitting. Please drive safe in construction zones. We appreciate your patience!
Paige Road/Plano Parkway and SH 121
City contractors have begun work on a project at the Paige Road/SH121 underpass that will add a second left-turn lane for eastbound SH121 traffic onto northbound Paige Road. The project involves modifying the current U-turn only lane to include a left-turn option. The same modifications will be made for westbound SH121 traffic turning south onto Plano Parkway. Click here for a schematic of the work.
Various lane closures will be necessary during the course of the work, primarily during the day. The project is expected to last through the end of March. Motorists should expect delays in this area and are strongly encouraged to seek alternate routes as possible. Please #DriveSafe in construction zones. Thank you for your patience!
South Colony Boulevard
City contractors have begun roadwork on South Colony Boulevard, west of Main Street. The project entails reconstructing the roadway in both directions over a few phases, and is anticipated to last approximately two months as of early February 2024.
- During the course of the project, one westbound turn lane from northbound Main Street may be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily as needed.
Concrete reconstruction of Squires Drive with new paving, sidewalks, and 8-inch waterline, is underway. New street lights will be installed as needed. The project also includes work to extend an 8-inch waterline on nearby Vaden Street.
- Traffic on Squires will be one-way eastbound, with the open lane shifting as the project progresses.
This Capital Improvement Project has a construction cost of $2.3 million and began in July 2023 with an estimated completion in Spring 2024.
Completed projects in 2022-2024
- West Lake Highlands right-turn lane
- East Lake Highlands resurfacing
- Witt Drive resurfacing
- Elm Street resurfacing
- Community Center/Recreation Center/Police Department entrance
- Northbound Standridge Drive repairs between SH121 and Memorial