What to Expect
- Bring a flash drive containing your saved .STL file during the Library's regular hours to submit a print job. Some print jobs may require an additional consultation, depending on complexity of the item.
- Staff will provide a print time estimate and estimated cost upon drop-off. Time needed to complete a printed object depends on the size and complexity of the item as well as staff availability to run the machine. Typically a print will be completed within 2-3 days.
- Cost is determined by the weight of the finished project: $0.10/gram; $1 minimum.
- Users will be notified when the print is complete and ready for pick-up.
- Objects will be held for pick-up for 7 days at the Reference Desk.
- Certain designs may not be compatible with our machine.
Online 3D Design Resources
You can create your own 3D designs using the following free and readily available software:
You can also search for and download predesigned 3D object files on Thingiverse.