Preparing Your Print Job
Please save your print job as a .STL file. Bring a flash drive containing your saved .STL file to the Library's Reference Desk anytime during the Library's regular hours and staff will copy your file to prepare for printing. Some jobs may require an additional consultation with a Librarian before printing begins, depending on the complexity of the item. Be prepared to choose a color filament for your print file. Red, Blue, Green, Pink, Teal, White, Blue, and Violet are currently available.
What to Expect
- Staff will provide a print time estimate and estimated cost upon drop-off. Time needed to complete a printed object depends on the size and complexity of the item as well as staff availability to run the machine. Typically a print will be completed within 2-3 days.
- Cost is determined by the weight of the finished project: $0.10/gram; $1 minimum.
- Users will be notified when the print is complete and ready for pick-up.
- Objects will be held for pick-up for 7 days at the Reference Desk.
- Certain designs may not be compatible with our machine.
Online 3D Design Resources
You can create your own 3D designs using the following free and readily available software:
You can also search for and download pre-designed 3D object files on Thingiverse.