The Colony Police Department invites you to join them for National Night Out 2019 at the Police Department.
National Night Out will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 6. We encourage all neighbors throughout the city of The Colony to participate in the nationwide 36th annual National Night Out crime- and drug-prevention event. National Night Out is supported by the National Association of Town Watch and in part by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs and the U.S. Department of Justice.
To make this year as successful as in years past, we request your participation, as follows:
- Organize a block party
- Register your party with The Colony Police Department
- Notify your neighbors to turn on their porch lights and come outside on Aug. 6
- Visit the Police Department's NNO party at 5151 North Colony Blvd. for fun kids' activities, an In and Out Burger Truck, and tours.
National Night Out helps strengthen neighborhood spirit and reinforces police-community partnerships to make our community a safer place to live and play.
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
To register your block party or for more information, please contact Officer Rick De La Cruz of The Colony Police department at 972-624-3934. Signing up early will ensure that we can send police and possibly other emergency personnel to your party.