Effective March 13, 2020, and effective for 7 days, Denton County Judge Andy Eads has issued a disaster declaration for Denton County in response to COVID-19.
As of March 17, 2020, the Denton County Commissioners Court extended its disaster declaration.
Click here for the press release from Denton County regarding the declaration.
Included in the declaration are recommendations to help prevent the spread of infections, such as coronavirus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose to reduce the spread of germs
- Wash hands thoroughly and often
- Avoid touching your eyes nose and mouth.
Please see the following link for the full text of the declaration: Disaster Declaration & Executive Order