In response to concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19 in North Texas, the City of The Colony is taking steps to minimize exposure in the community, which includes closing the Recreation Center and Community/Senior Center now through the month of March.
These steps are not taken lightly and come following the issuance of a local Disaster Declaration by Denton County Judge Andy Eads.
- The Colony Community/Senior Center was closed following church services on Sunday, March 15.
- The Colony Recreation Center and The Colony Aquatic Park are closed and all programs suspended. More info on Parks & Recreation closures.
- The Colony Public Library remains open but all programs are suspended.
- Lake Parks will remain open as they are considered low-threat areas but pavilion rentals are suspended.
- The Colony Fire Department is cancelling all scheduled public education and public relation events to ensure adequate emergency preparedness and response capability through the end of the month.
As we have from the beginning, we encourage our residents to follow public-health best practices regarding the spread of infectious diseases as outlined by Denton County Public Health and the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose to reduce the spread of germs
- Wash hands thoroughly and often
- Avoid touching your eyes nose and mouth.
More information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/