The Colony City Hall, Municipal Court, and Police Records customer service windows will reopen to the public starting at 7:30 a.m. Monday, July 6. The buildings have been closed to walk-in customers since mid-March due to public health concerns.
Residents choosing to conduct in-person business will be permitted into these facilities during regular business hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday. Customers should expect the following changes:
- Only the sliding glass doors of the main entrances will be unlocked;
- Social-distancing markers will be on the floor of the City Hall Customer Service Lobby;
- Restrooms will be open and sanitized twice a day but water fountains will be turned off; and,
- Customers are strongly encouraged but not required to wear face-coverings in the buildings.
For more information, contact Utility Billing at 972-625-2741; for the Court, call 972-624-2200; and for Police Records, 972-625-8273.
Other facility updates include:
- The Colony Public Library will expand services to include patron browsing and computer use by appointment-only during modified business hours (10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday thru Saturday) starting Tuesday, July 7. Click here for more information or call 972-625-1900. A wealth of curbside and digital services remain available for your convenience.
- The Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center reopens on Monday, July 6. Details about monthly hours of operation can be found on our website;
- The Colony Convention & Visitors Bureau will be open by appointment-only starting Monday, July 6. Call 972-624-5253 or visit www.VisitTheColonyTx.com for more info;
- The Colony Animal Services has been operating by appointment-only since the pandemic began. For more information, call 972-370-9250.
- The Recreation Center remains closed until at least Aug. 7 while we host our summer Kidz Kamp program.
- The Colony Aquatic Park is open for “Learn to Swim” programming but is closed for public swim for the summer.
- The Colony Community Center remains closed until further notice. Community Center staff are offering a variety of virtual programs, including online Zoom activity/fitness group meetings, Facebook Live Bingo and music, and fitness & music videos.
For more information about facilities, services, and the city’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit www.TheColonyTx.gov/covid19.