News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/8/2021 9:39:00 AM to 2/17/2021 4:35:40 PM.
Home - Stay Engaged - News Headlines
Posted on: August 25, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Spotlight Roundup
Compilation of important news and headlines from www.TheColonyTx.gov.
- COVID-19 vaccine information from DCPH: As of Dec. 17, 2020, two COVID-19 vaccines have been authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Vaccine will be shipped directly to enrolled COVID-19 vaccine providers as allocated by the Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Migratory bird-nesting season approaching: It's that time again. Residents of The Colony, especially those within or adjacent to neighborhoods where the birds have previously nested, are strongly advised to trim their trees in order to minimize potential nesting canopies.
Community Conversations hosted by TCPL: The Colony Public Library is hosting several Community Conversations in February. Each 90-minute conversation is a chance for us to better understand your aspirations for our community.
- VOA Classic 2021 set for July 4th weekend: The Volunteers of America Classic will return to The Colony June 28–July 4, 2021, with top LPGA professionals competing for a $1.5 million purse at Old American Golf Club at Golf Clubs at The Tribute.
Spring PlayTC! catalog now available: The Spring PlayTC! catalog is now available online! Included are lots of fun activities for families of all ages.
- Virtual Programs & Services for Seniors: The Colony Community Center staff have been working hard to provide a wide variety of virtual programs & services for our senior community: Exercise videos, live music, Zoom meet-ups, bingo & more!
#InThisTogether: Everyone has been asked to make sacrifices throughout the community in order to flatten the curve & slow the spread of COVID-19 throughout North Texas. The following resources are available to assist those who may need help or for those looking to give.
- COVID-19 Information: City facility status, health resources, and more (updated regularly).