Denton County residents can now sign up for a waitlist to receive the COVID-19 vaccine on the new Vaccine Interest Portal at DentonCounty.gov/COVID19vaccine.
For all the details, including who is eligible to receive a vaccine, when, and where, visit the new Denton County Public Health COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard. The mass-vaccination clinics at Texas Motor Speedway were postponed the week of Feb. 15, 2021, due to extreme winter weather but will resume soon.
Residents with vaccine appointments who may need help with transportation to the clinics may request free rides through a partnership between Denton County, the Denton County Transportation Authority, and Span Inc. More information is available on the Denton County website.
As of Dec. 17, 2020, two COVID-19 vaccines have been authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Vaccine will be shipped directly to enrolled COVID-19 vaccine providers as allocated by the Department of State Health Services (DSHS). Current limited vaccine supply will be distributed to individuals within the following DSHS-defined Phases:
- Direct healthcare workers (First and Second Tier) as defined within the DSHS Phase 1A Health Care Workers Definition
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- People 65 years of age and older
- People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Additionally, if you are in Phase 1A or 1B, you may visit the Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Locations map to see if and where you might be able to get a vaccine. Remember, your ability to get a vaccine will depend on vaccine availability at your provider’s office, clinic, or facility. Please call ahead to your provider.