Updates to COVID-19 response
During this week's The Colony City Council meeting, city officials discussed plans for reopening various city facilities, as follows:
These steps are taken in light of Gov. Greg Abbott announcing this week the beginning of Phase 2 of the Governor's plan to reopen Texas businesses. Residents and business-owners are asked to visit the Governor's Open Texas website for all the information, including checklists and timelines for a variety of businesses.
- Stewart Creek Park will reopen to vehicular traffic on Wednesday, May 27. Operating hours will be 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Boat ramp operating hours will return to 24/7 access. Some park amenities, such as the group pavilion and the playground, will remain closed. The fishing pier will reopen with a modified capacity of 25 people at any one time. The park will be available for day-use only; no tent or RV camping. Social-distancing remains encouraged throughout the park.
- The Colony Recreation Center will remain closed until further notice. However, a modified summer camp program will operate June 1 to Aug. 7. Call 972-625-1106 for more information.
- Athletic Fields & Complexes will be available to rent for practices on June 1 but users must follow the guidelines outlined by the State of Texas for such purposes. Beginning June 15, rentals of outdoor athletic fields for games will resume with the same stipulations.
- The Colony Senior/Community Center and Aquatic Park remain closed until further notice.
- More details about these & other Parks facilities are available on our website.
"Even though that's happening, we ask you to please remember social-distancing. Stay six-feet away from others. Don't crowd-up in stores ... or in restaurants," Mayor Joe McCourry said. "Wash your hands. Use a sanitizer. Let's keep this thing contained and get our businesses back open and our economy back on a roll."
Residents seeking information about COVID-19 testing are encouraged to visit the Denton County Public Health testing website for details about the latest free drive-thru event for County residents. The Texas Division of Emergency Management also maintains a statewide database of testing locations.
More info: www.TheColonyTx.gov/covid19