What will happen if a warrant is issued?

The warrants will be delivered to The Colony Police Department. These warrants are entered into a statewide computer system, are valid throughout the state, and are accessible to any peace officer. If you have received notice that your citation is in warrant status, you will need to dispose of this matter immediately to avoid the possibility of arrest. Warrant officers are assigned to actively pursue individuals in warrant status and you may be arrested at your place of employment or your home at any time. You may contact The Colony Warrant Division at 972-624-2200, or contact The Colony Municipal Court during normal business hours Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 972-624-2200. Please note that The Colony Municipal Court is closed from 12Noon to 1 p.m. for lunch.

The most common options available to you for disposing of your warrant(s) are to come to the Municipal Court and pay fines in full by cash or your credit card. Payment arrangements may also be available to you. You may post a surety or cash escrow bond and request to see the Judge (unless your warrant is a capias pro fine and you have previously plead or appeared before the Judge and was found guilty, you must then pay the fine amount in full, set up payment arrangements or lay the fine out in jail). You could retain an attorney or seek the services of a bonding company.

Show All Answers

1. How do I set a court date?
2. What is the fine amount for my particular citation?
3. Can I get an extension to pay my fine by phone?
4. What will happen if I fail to pay my fine or appear as required?
5. What will happen if a warrant is issued?
6. I received a citation for expired registration, but I had the renewal documents in my glove box. Can I get this charge dismissed?
7. I received a citation for an expired registration. If I get my vehicle registered, pay the penalty fee and bring the proof in to the court, can this charge be dismissed?